All the reasons why avocado is considered a superfood
Avocado is popular fruit thanks to its particular taste and its nice texture. It is easy to eat and colourful, but avocado’s main particularity is the fact it can be added to a lot of recipes.
Ok. It is nice and tasteful, but these are not the only reasons to eat this fruit regularly, as avocado is considered superfood.
What does superfood mean and why is avocado considered so?
Superfood is food that gives a high quantity of nutrients and antioxidants, as many of them that, if such kind of food is often eaten, we can take advantage of the benefits. Benefits on our health, from preventing illness and diseases to reducing dangerous elements, while reinforcing immune system. In shot: superfood makes us be healthier.
There are a lot of products that can be considered as superfood, one of those products is avocado, which is often listed as superfood.
Why is avocado considered as superfood?
Avocado is superfood because it owns a lot of nutrients and antioxidants, such as folic acid, Omega 3, magnesium, potassium, lutein and fibre. Avocado is rich in A, C, D, E, K vitamins and B Group vitamins too. And that’s not all as it owns an important presence of copper, manganese and iron.
It means that a regular consumption gives us a lot of nutrients. Nutrients are just names, but there are important benefits to human organism related to those names.
21 good reasons why avocado is superfood
Moreover the nutrients, avocado’s flesh regular consumption offers a lot of real benefits. Here you go some of the most important ones:
- Avocado is a greasy fruit, but most of grease is omega 3 type. Such grease has proven benefits on cholesterol reduction and heart diseases prevention.
- It helps to stimulate immune system thanks to the actuation of C and E vitamins.
- It contributes to keep healthy skin by the action of E vitamin.
- It favours healthy hair as it contains greases and E vitamin.
- Eyes are protected thanks to the lutein that avocado contains.
- Avocados are rich in calories, which mean that they offer energy enough to complete different activities, sport activities as an example.
- As they are rich in fibre, they help us maintain bowel regularity, which is related to toxin expelling in a natural way.
- Avocado’s consumption is recommended to kids as the presence of folic acid helps bones and muscles growth.
- Avocados are also good for elder people as lutein is effective in cataract prevention.
- This tasteful fruit protects teeth and gums by the intervention of D vitamin.
- D vitamin helps us keep strong bones.
- As avocado contains folic acid, it is good for pregnant women.
- It is considered that the joint of nutrients found on avocado can help absorb other food’s nutrients.
- Potassium contained on avocado contributes to maintain healthy muscles.
- Greases and E vitamin help us reduce tissues inflammation.
- Again greases and vitamins are an effective method to delay signs of aging.
- Avocado can be a part of well-balanced diet. In this case, some researches have pointed to the benefits to keep a healthy weight.
- Magnesium is another nutrient that avocado includes, it is related to proper functioning of the nervous system.
More reason that indicate that avocado is superfood
Flesh is the part of the avocado mostly used, but it is not the only part where nutrients are hidden, avocado seed contributes to be healthier as:
- It is rich in soluble fibre
- It contains high quantities of healthy greases that help your heart to be healthy
- It prevents stomach trouble
And even further reason to include avocado in our well-balanced diet
We have mentioned more than 20 reasons that make from avocado superfood, but the list of reason is not over as there are further reasons to eat avocados often:
- It can be eaten in very different ways, and it can be adding to different recipes: soups, juices, toast, salads, smoothies…
- As it is greasy, avocado can be used instead of butter, ever when cooking.
- And even more, because eating avocado is not the only way to take and advantage of its multiple benefits: flesh can be mashed and used as hair or facial mask.
It is easy to find reason to understand the reasons why avocado is considered superfood, so it is difficult to find a reason for not including it in our diet.